User Experience Designer
I take a human centred approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to validation to deliverable. I translate my user research and usability test findings into iterative product solutions.
I have a solid foundation in interface design including – brand alignment, interaction design, typography, colour and image selection and produce user centred interfaces across a multi device environments. I create interactive prototypes that illustrate UX design to a fidelity that can be validated with users so that I can iterate based on feedback from internal reviews and user testing and work closely with the engineering team to take your designs from a concept to a final product.
What I do
- Hands-on experience at every stage in the user-centred design cycle, including user research skills (contextual inquiry, surveys etc.), iterative design and prototyping and facilitation of user testing.
- Facilitation of interviews, design thinking sessions and workshops for strategic, customer-centric decision making. Solving problems that allows the participants to empathise, define, ideate, prototype and test our ideas.
- Reach across the business to build relationships and asses business and client needs.
- Produce UX artefacts such as personas, journey and empathy maps, experience canvas, sketches, wireframes, interactive low to high fidelity prototypes.
- Ensure designs promote a consistent user experiences across multiple browsers and devices (responsive web).
- Understand the customer vision and business requirements in order to translate them into immersive experiences that meet the user and business objectives.
- Quick prototype, iterate and refine deliverables based on stakeholder and customer feedback. Using Axure, UXPin, InVision app and Photoshop.
- Solid foundation in typography, colour, layout, and design, HTML, CSS to produce creative solutions that provide pixel perfect assets for development.
- Solving complex business problems and contributing to strategy and planning for key initiatives.
- Organic search optimisation implementation.
- Experience in working with not-for-profit clients.
- Strong interest in emerging UX trends, design and front end web technologies.
- Deep understanding of Web Accessibility (WCAG 2.0) standards.
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools: Adobe Creative Suite, SketchApp, InvisionApp, Atomic, Axure, UXPin, JIRA and Confluence.
- Running the UX/CX Macquarie Community internal meetups to generate interest and share ideas.
User Experience Product Design Lead
MACQUARIE GROUP – COG Technology, Commodities and Global Markets
Lead across 3 products/agile teams:
Macquarie Research, Macquarie Markets Futures & Macquarie Markets Trading
January 2016 – Present
UI/UX Senior Designer
MACQUARIE GROUP – Digital, Brand & Marketing
Working across all groups
January 2014 – December 2015
- Work with Macquarie’s digital agency, designers, digital teams, developers, marketing and internal business stakeholders to deliver clear, intuitive and on-brand designs and solutions
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive successful email campaign execution
- Communicate, influence and reinforce the digital brand across all of Macquarie as lead digital central designer
Senior UI Designer
MACQUARIE GROUP – MFG MIRA
Fund manager & investment bank
January 2010 – December 2013
Senior UI Designer & Coder
June 2006 – January 2010
Senior UI Designer & Coder
February 2002 – June 2006
KvB Institute of Technology (Raffles): 1989 – Diploma in Graphic Design
Tafe Design Centre Enmore 2002 – Web Design Course
Intranet design – Step Two Designs
Russ Weakley HTML5 & CSS3
General Assembly User Experience 12 weeks – May 2015
Macquarie Award winner 2012 & 2015
Macquarie Dimension – Entrepreneurial Enterprise Macquarie Award 2017